What is Alzheimer's and Dementia?
It is characterized by memory loss and a cognitive decline that interferes with daily life. Dementia progressively weakens a person's thought processing ability, ultimately causing drastic changes in mood, behavior and memory. Today, Alzheimer's disease, the most common form of dementia, affects close to six million people in the U.S. Alzheimer's causes irreversible changes to the brain that result in problems communicating, thinking, and taking care of basic needs.
How Premium Home Aids and Companions Services Can help:
Our professional Aides and Homemakers are trained to help make dealing with Alzheimer's and Dementia a little easier:
- Encourage engagements
- Provide mind-stimulating activities
- Supervise and assist with daily activities
- Create social interaction
- Help to maintain a safe environment
- Assist with making nutritious meals
- Help to manage changing behaviors
- Have full Level of assistance needed for personal care and home care
- Provide transportation to doctor appointments, grocery store, and pick up prescriptions.
- And many more